Where am I now?: HOME
My Food Blog

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One Week Left

It is amazing how time flies. Erica visited this past weekend and left this morning. We had a great time enjoying the beautiful blue sky weather, and manged to ski a few hours Sunday. Yesterday we drove to Grand Teton National Park to participate in a Ranger guided snowshoe walk. We learned about Winter's many effects on wildlife and how they adapt to seasonal change. After dropping Erica at the airport, I skied in the sunny afternoon for a few hours. There was no Moose sighting today as I have a six-pack in the refridgerator that needs dirnking. It has been a very busy few days starting with Alyssa's departure on Thursday and Erica's arrival Saturday. I've been lucky to have such great company while in Jackson these past two weeks. 

Since the weather has cooperated nicely, I took pictures and have posted them here. I plan on skiing every day until I leave and I am hopping for some new snow. I love skiing, but if there is one thing I have learned while living in a ski town, conditions matter and new snow is king. 

If you did not catch the US vs. Canada hockey game, I highly recommend watching the highlights. The end of the olympics will be full of drama on the ice rink with both American teams playing well. I am very glad to have spent the Olympics in a mountainous winter environment: it is second only to being there, but more enjoyable to the Midwest. 

Expect to find me on the slopes until I return home. I will update if anything fun and exciting happens between now and then. Again, pictures are found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment