Sad as it may be, I only have 9 days left here in Jackson. That is still more than twice my normal visit so I am aware of how lucky I am to still have over a week of fun in store. Yesterday I did not write because I was busy picking Erica up from the airport. I did manage though to get two hours of skiing, the earliest I have been on the mountain to date. I wasn't planning on skiing, but when the snow report in my inbox said 3 new inches, I figured I should explore. 3in is nothing crazy (and the mountain could sure use more); I thought if new snow could not get my out of bed and on the slopes, why else have I set off on this journey? It was worth my time and energy, and a perfect way to start the day. The rest of yesterday was relaxing and getting Erica settled. We did a few errands in town, went to the Snake River Brewery for happy hour and watch a miserable Michigan Basketball performance against Penn State.
As I write this morning, the sky is clear blue without a cloud in sight. The temperatures are Wyoming cold at 1F but should reach 20. We will head over to the mountain to give Erica her first Jackson Hole experience and a taste for one of my favorite ski destinations in the world. I look forward to showing her the mountain, the culture and, of course, the Mangy Moose - the perch that I normally write my updates. I'll post when the day is done!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment