Where am I now?: HOME
My Food Blog

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Busy and Tired, But Not Complaining

The past two days have been good ski days, putting in 45k feet of vertical. Saturday on the mountain was the busiest I've seen it in a while, but busy in Jackson is not comparable to most resorts. I also have the added luxury of the singles line. The fresh snow from a few days ago is mostly gone, but there are still pockets of goodness to be found. I've also discovered how to ski again. That may sound ridiculous, but I was mired in a "ski rut" for a few days where turning just didn't happen the way it should. The secret, I've found, is to use BOTH feet when skiing. this makes life a lot easier when going downhill, and I'm happy to have gotten back in the grove before I leave. My knees are also starting to feel the pain of skiing 15 out of 18 days, though the recent pain I feel is due to better form and harder days. In any event I expect no sympathy for my position. 

Supposedly tonight is another one of those Jackson insitutions, a ski jump party hosted at ranch down the road. I look forward to witnessing more Jacksonian fun during the winter months. There could be some good video/pictures to come.

There's just a few more ski days left and a few more beers to consume before heading back to the Midwest. Leaving will be tough, but Jackson is not going anywhere and there will always be more ski days. I'm lucky that I get to re-charge at home while at the same time prepare for the next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment