Where am I now?: HOME
My Food Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Mangy Moose Report

I figure it's an accurate name for my daily posts after skiing. As my ski buddies know, you can't check vertical until a beer is in hand. The Moose will become stop #1 in order to follow the rules :) Today was better than yesterday even though I only skied for 2:45. I got a late start because I now have Internet at the house so I got distracted. Even though I skied less time, I managed 15000ft and did much more interesting terrain because my cousin Karla joined for about an hour. The other reason today was great is that it was free! I won't get into details to protect my innocence, but my pass was not checked.

There was also some new snow but more is needed to fill in the bumps. All of locals were out of bounds today. Today was also better because i've gotten more used to my new skis. Soon enough they'll feel like an
extension of my feet (or so I hope).

So, to recap, my day was better than yours because I skied fresh snow for free, got Internet and am enjoying a PBR or two at the Mangy Moose après ski. That's about it, tonight more family comes to town so there
will be even more friendly faces on the mountain. I wish the snow in DC would be sent here, otherwise just bring on the white stuff.

P.S. I should also note how much more fun it is to be on an extended ski "vacation" in terms of gear organization. My skies, helmet and gloves are already in the car in the garage. My jacket and boots are downstairs with my lift pass. All I do in the morning is put on ski pants and a fleece and walk downstairs. Everything is ready to go! The little things make it all the more worthwhile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment