Happy April and happy 70 degree days. Along with the weather my travel schedule is about to heat up again. I've been enjoying my time at home to relax and get organized, but the real adventures are right around the corner. This weekend Erica and I head down to Kentucky for some horse racing, bourbon tasting and other things Kentucky.
My latest read was Accidental Billionaires by Ben Mezrich, the story of Facebook from the perspective of the "other" co-founder and behind the scenes at Harvard. Interestingly enough, Mark Zuckerburg did NOT contribute and decline requests for comment for the book. You'd think it would be tricky to publish a narrative on the founding of a company without any input from the founder himself, but the story is still fascinating.
Mezrich also wrote "Bringing Down the House", the now movie "21", and other compelling reads about young people diving way over their head to make crazy sums of money in interesting ways. I enjoy his work because they are easy to read, entertaining page turning tales. You might learn a thing or two, but more likely just go for the thrill ride.
I don't know what else he is working on now, but considering I've read everything else he's written there's a good chance I'll pick up his next work no matter the subject.
Grab it on Amazon
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment