Where am I now?: HOME
My Food Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Back From Belize

I realize I didn't have access to publish posts while traveling so I'll have to give a rundown, but not right now. I'm still going through pictures and I will have to decipher my hand journal to create a report. The SPOT page has most, but not all of my GPS messages/tracks from the trip. It's still pretty cool to check out.
I managed to finish two books on the trip, Michael Lowenstien's Origins of the Crash and The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. I bought Lowenstien's book thinking it was about the recent market swoon. Woops, it was about the tech bubble and the late 1990s. The irony was thick, little did he know what would happen less than a decade later. There are more interesting and topical reads out there. However, Racing in the Rain is a great book told from the perspective a dog and his relationship with his family and life lessons. It's a bestseller and I highly recommend it.
The trip went very well and we had a great time. Belize is a fantastic country and easy to navigate with bountiful natural beauties. Our kayak adventure was as active as advertised, but a little less rustic than we expected (we didn't complain....). I did two SCUBA dives off the second largest barrier reef in the world, and they were the best two dives I've done in my brief diving experience. I hope to post more stories soon, pictures should be up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment