We've arrived in Cusco in preparation for the inca trail and Machu
Picchu. Tomorrow we'll head to the sacred valley with a Sunday morning
start of the trail.
So far the trip has been good, but with lots of intra-country travel.
We went from Lima to Puno and then explored lake titicaca. The
highlight was spending a night with a family on an island in the
middle of the lake. I've come to describe Lago Titicaca as a cross
between Lake Michigan and Lake Tahoe. Stunning beauty at altitude. The
stars at night were some of the best I've ever seen.
Today we made the trek from Puno to Cusco on a 7hr bus ride.
We're all geared up for the trail and I'll report back when we've seen
Machu Picchu with our own eyes. The beauty of wifi on the road.
Friday, July 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment