Where am I now?: HOME
My Food Blog

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Books and Stats

I updated the stats section. Lots of miles, airports and such, and it's only May...
I'm still working on the pictures, hard to do while celebrating a wedding. In case anyone is curious, I finished 3 books on the road in Nepal, the most important being Harry Potter 7. It's sad to finish the series but I'm happy with the ending. I've taken HP on many backpacking trips because they are solid paperbacks that I enjoy reading. I also got back into James Patterson novels and the Alex Cross series with Mary, Mary. I've been reading James Patterson since high school but I took a break for a while to read other stuff. I'm reading another JP book now, and will work his stuff into the mix the rest of the summer since they are fast and easy reads. The last book I read I had to buy on the trail because I finished HP 7 early. I picked up Jamling Norgay's novel about his 1996 climb on Everest. He is the son of Tenzing Norgay, the first person to summit Everest with Hillary, and was on the expedition that filmed the IMAX Everest. It was a decent read about a season that everyone knows about (think Into Thin Air). I just felt compelled to hear his side of the story and immerse myself in the culture of the mountain I had just seen with my own eyes.
I'm back on the James Patterson train for now, but already have a few lined up for my trip to Hawaii and beyond. I'm always open to recommendations....Enjoy the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment